Planning That Performs As Intended
The best nonqualified designs can fail because of inadequate or ineffective funding arrangements that do not immunize the corporation against the liabilities created by these plans. Accordingly, our professional process is designed to address all aspects of your plan’s mechanics so that it performs as intended.
Our goal is to ensure that your plan design reflects your company’s goals as well as those of your valued executives..
- For existing plans, we are available to conduct a comprehensive audit of your current program and/or funding arrangements.
- For new plans, we work with you to integrate a new strategic design with existing plans – that have been validated, revised and enhanced.
Matching Funding Strategies to your Plan Objectives
As your advocate, we provide a thorough and objective evaluation of possible funding methods using conservative assumptions and a strategic (versus product-driven) approach.
Integrating Funding Decisions with Your Corporate Methodology
Each method is analyzed using several scenarios that you define. These are then presented under the same parameters you use to make other corporate financial decisions.
Implementing Funding Decisions and Selecting Providers
Following that decision, we work with your tax, legal and accounting advisors to put in place a funding program consistent with your stated objectives.
A critical part of any nonqualified program is effective and on-going plan administration and management that:
- Provides your executives with account statements and access to benefit values.
- Provides the corporation with the data and plan reporting necessary to enhance management oversight.
- Manages asset-liability tracking on an active, ongoing basis through expense projection and reconciliation.
NJL&C provides access to the appropriate combination of third-party plan administration services to accomplish all of these tasks for your organization. We then assist in monitoring the effectiveness of those relationships through technology and comprehensive Annual Reviews.